Monday, October 19, 2009

So I'm actually online shy

I don't intend to simply blog academic style essays about game development. I also plan to put much more of me into this. Right now it's a couple of things. I have a ton of information and ideas that's dying to come out similar to Professionalism. I just feel I have to get the basic way I see and how I think about game design and development out there first and take advantage of what I shared at Interfaces. So my friends there will probably be reading familiar material, just presented differently. I'm not there to say "umm" too many times and asking them to confess to things they shouldn't in front of their teachers. ;) 

Also while most people feel more empowered by being a faceless entity over the internet for some reason I'm a bit more shy and private. So even writing this for all to read is just me slowly opening up I guess. It seems easier to hide behind the "proper" blogs until I'm use to expressing my thoughts on a blog.

Our industry is young. What I write about isn't some made up philosiphical kung fu zen of game development. Either I've made the mistakes or have had to endure others making mistakes. So there is this part of me that is dying to share this information so others don't have to learn the hard way. If your a hopeful into the industry I hope to give a clearer picture of game development. To the jaded professional that already everything I hope to show there are different ways of doing things that can net more effective results.

OK back to actually writing instead of talking about what I want to write...

No comments:

Post a Comment